FLOW INTO FALL: AYURVEDA + SELF-CARE WORKSHOP
Time & Location
About The Event
Optimize your health this Autumn through the wisdom of Ayurveda, the world’s oldest and most effective healthcare system. More than a system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life, and wisdom comes from knowing your unique body and its tendencies toward imbalance.
Along with the beautiful colors of changing leaves and pumpkin spice everything, comes the shorter, colder, dry days of fall, or Vata season. It often begins with feelings of overwhelm and constant thoughts like, “I have so much to do and not enough time to do any of it.” Imbalances may show up as dry skin, constipation, gas, bloating, high blood pressure, anxiety, and fear. During the fall season our minds can be very scattered, our energy can become depleted and staying balanced can be difficult.
In this workshop, you will learn easy yet powerful tools to stay grounded as we shift away from summer into fall and beyond. We will begin with discussion, have a short break and then close with a gentle Prana Vinyasa Flow practice and guided meditation to help balance Vata. Self-care is key, so come prepared to nourish your mind, body and soul.
*Open to all levels of practitioners. We welcome both students and teachers - no previous Ayurvedic knowledge is required. During this workshop you will:
- Be introduced to the basic principles of Ayurveda
- Gain an understanding of Vata dosha, causes of vata aggravation and signs of imbalance in the mind and body
- Get tips on staying balanced with foods to favor and minimize, lifestyle adjustments, herbs, oils; and meditation and yoga practices
- Receive an Ayurveda starter kit to aid in your daily self-care practices
- Move through a mindful, gentle, nourishing Prana Vinyasa Flow Practice and guided meditation to help balance Vata
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2019
LOCATION: THE SPACE | 933 LOUISE AVE
DATE: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 | 1-5P
COST: $50 | $40 for Jaimis Yoga's 200 Hour YTT graduates
YOGA ALLIANCE CEUS: 4